I have experience of working with a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, self harm, relationship difficulties, low self esteem, loss or bereavement, confusion, life transitions and alcohol dependance.
As well as seeing private clients I take referrals from the NHS Foundation Trust Staff Support Service and am an Affiliate Employee Assistance Counsellor for BUPA. I support employees who are struggling with issues both at work and home.
If your employer has a contract with the BUPA Employee Assistance Program you may be eligible for free short term counselling sessions, and should you wish, you can request to have me as your Counsellor when you make contact with them.
Before working in private practice I worked as a counsellor for Students at City of Bath College exploring issues that may be arising at a time of immense change and self disovery.
I previously worked with people with a variety of issues at Help Counselling Service working short to medium term (6-18 sessions) at low cost rates.
I also worked at the Swan Project in Bristol which is a charity offering long term counselling to people struggling with alcohol dependecy.
I have worked as a tutor for a level 2 Counselling skills course.
- Diploma in Professional Studies: Counselling (Level 6 qualification with the University of the West of England, accredited by BACP, a Relational Integrative training.
- Transactional Analysis 101 (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- Introduction to Counselling skills certificate (Wiltshire College)
- Current Training – Pregnancy and Infant Loss Training – The Infant Loss Foundation
- Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Understanding Sexual Violence – BAVA
- Childhood Sexual Abuse training – PODS
- Working with Sexual Violence – Revival
- Understanding Domestic Violence – BAVA
- Working with Diverse Cultures
- Models and theories for working with alcohol dependency – The Swan Project
- Short term counselling
- Safeguarding (regularly updated)
I have a background in social care working with individuals with physical disability, sensory impairments and mental health issues.
If you have any requirements to make my service accessible to you please contact me and I will do my best to meet your needs or refer you to someone who can.
I am a BACP registered Counsellor, have regular supervision and am insured to practice.